If you are considering moving abroad, you may not have given Ireland proper consideration, as you may be favouring countries that are known for brighter, warmer weather. Nevertheless, Ireland provides you and your family with everything you need in one place, presenting you with a unique range of opportunities from the moment you set foot in the country.
With that in mind, here are just some of the reasons why you should consider moving to Ireland (and what you need to do to achieve it).
- A rich culture and warm community.
Ireland is rich in culture and steeped in history. This means that there is always something to explore in Ireland – whether you wander down cobbled streets, or peer through the ruins of old castles – there is a lot to learn, and you will always have fun whilst exploring your local area. Furthermore, there is a reason that Irish people are renowned for their friendliness. If you are looking for a sense of community like no other – whether everyone wears a smile as you pass in the streets – Ireland is the perfect place to go.
- Plenty of opportunities for your children.
When you are moving abroad with your family, you will often put your children’s needs first. For example, though you may have numerous job opportunities in a certain destination, you also need to ensure that it has something to offer your children too. Thankfully, Ireland is an excellent location for children to grow up- for many reasons. This includes:
- Easy access to healthcare.
- An excellent education system.
- Plenty of sports-related opportunities (namely Rugby and Football).
- A wide range of extra-curricular opportunities to take part in.
- The chance to spend lots of time outdoors.
- An education system that focuses on artistic talents as well as academic subjects, giving every student the chance to grow.
- An unparalleled work-life balance.
When you spend most of your time at work, it’s easy to become overwhelmed and exhausted. It also means you are more likely to feel stressed, and will no longer enjoy going to work. However, Ireland is known for supporting abetter work-life balance than other countries, meaning it is the perfect place to go if you are on the lookout for rest and relaxation while still trying out new professional opportunities.
What do I need to do to move to Ireland?
- Put together a plan and a budget.
- Research the best places to live in Ireland. Find one that is the best fit for you and your family.
- apply for irish citizenship. You should apply for this ahead of time so that you are not without necessary documentation when you move. Otherwise, you will not have the right to live and work in the country.
- Search for your dream home.
- Register your interest at local schools.
- Begin your job hunt early. If you aren’t sure where to start, contact a recruiter who may be able to point you in the right direction.
- Write down a list of everything you want to do in your new home. This gives you something to look forward to when the move gets stressful!