Having written a rather serious post yesterday, it is time for the light relief – the nurse to Juliet’s tragedy, if you like (that was Mummy, I haven’t yet started on Shakespeare, though I assume it is only a matter of time!) That nurse comes in the form of Reluctant Housedad, My Life My Son my Way, and Mother Wife Me, who have tagged us to write about the highs and lows of 2011, according to us. So as I sieze the microphone of celebrity, I will try to entertain you:
1. What was your happiest event? Well it’s a close call (sorry Santa), but probably the day I spent in London with Mummy, visiting Buckingham Palace, seeing Mamma Mia, and ordering my own food from the interactive table at Inamo (no waiter, just click on the dish and wait for service – my lemonade and knickerbocker glory arrived before Mummy had even clicked on the mineral water!)
2. What was the saddest thing to happen? You know those grabber machines? The ones you can’t quite grab the toy with? Well, I did it perfectly, only to have the claw open on it’s way to the drop box. The transformation from sheer joy to extreme disappointment broke Mummy’s heart 🙁
3. What was the most unlikely thing to happen that actually went ahead and did? The moment when Daddy, never one for exposing his linguistic pride (preferring to leave it all to Mummy) went to the roast chicken kiosk on holiday and asked outright for ‘una chick-chick?’ complete with wing-flapping!
4. Who let you down? Mummy. She does it every day by tweeting when she should be crafting with me.
5. Who supported you? My friends. I am finding that the path to good friendship is not always easy, and learning to negotiate those waters is tricky. But I have good friends, who understand, and who I love.
6. Tell us one thing you learned Cubism (and Pointilism) 😉
7. Tell us one thing that made you laugh The Bug makes me laugh every day – check out his funny antics here. Of course he makes me cry too…. I was also in stitches over this Digital Nativity a couple of weeks ago:
8. Tell us one thing that made you cry Just one! For goodness sake, have you ever been 7?
9. Tell us three things your child or children did to make you feel proud. Being 7 I don’t have children unless you count my Barbie dolls, so I will tell you about Mummy instead. She actually scrubs up quite well, when she makes an effort. I am always proud when she comes to ask my opinion before a night out. I am prouder still if she chooses to wear the perfume I bought her, not Daddy’s. And talking of Daddy, I am proud of him for enjoying his job, and for tidying up sometimes. ;D
10. Tell us one thing that made you proud of yourself. Writing a newspaper article for my school project.
11. Tell us one challenge you overcame: Ditching my stabilisers.
12. Is there anything you would like to change about your life in 2012? Oh sure, yeah, everything. Mostly the Bug, my bedtime, my pocket-money, my piano practice….. The list is endless!
I am going to tag you all! If I tag anyone specific someone will feel under pressure, someone won’t do it, but will feel guilty, someone will get annoyed, and someone will unsubscribe! So you can all do it – if you wish 😉